Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tasty Tuesday

I had it all planned out.  I was going to amaze you all with my bread making skills.  I was ABSOLUTELY sure that I had it right this time.  I took pictures of each step...sigh.

I would like to think that I am a very good baker.  There is not a recipe out there that I can't tackle and have it come out pretty darn good.  I bake all sorts of cookies, and scones, and cake, and muffins, and various breads, and cinnamon rolls, and even pretzels.

However, there is one baked good that has got the best of me.

Any sort of bread that needs yeast.

Seriously folks, I am about ready to pull my hair out.

I have tried several recipes, several types of yeast, several types of flours, several rising areas (the stove, the window in the sun, outside in the sun), several rising times, several rising dances, several prayers to the goddess of baking (there is one right?)

I CAN'T GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't tell you how many hours I have put into this only to throw away mounds of un-risen bread dough.

I fear that a little white dough boy is going to knock on my door and put his finger in my chest and tell me to stop it.

My mom is here and she just tells me that she is just going to buy me a bread machine.  I am about ready to give in an do it.  It just feels so much like cheating. 

Mostly I just want to tackle this problem I have.

My name is Amy and I can't bake a loaf of bread.

My Aunt Sara is a bread maker so I might just have to call her and ask her for some help.  I mean the first step is admitting you need help.  Right?

So my Tasty Tuesday is a sad tale of love and loss, of trial and error, of unrequited bread making love, of the battle of good and evil.

Sorry to bum you out on this Tuesday.

Maybe someday I'll have a picture of a real loaf of bread to post.

As Journey says "Don't stop believing, hold on to that feeleheeeayyng"

Will do Steve Perry, will do.

More Later

- A Ro

2 comments:

  1. You're hilarious :) I know you've considered this, but do you have to adjust for sea level? Seems like you're pretty close to the sea there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. I make a sweet bread every Christmas and it rises quite well using the oven warmed and then turned off before I put it in with a damp towel on top!

    ReplyDelete